Final preparations for HYM 2019 and Guestlist
I trust that you are all well. We have all preparations in hand and final touches to the programme being done. Our team has worked long and hard to make the programme this week as comfortable and as easy going and as entertaining as possible for you all. As with most things in life, I am sure that a few things will not go as planned, but we hope to keep these to a minimum, possibly unnoticed as well.
By way of updates from the welcome letter we sent you a few weeks ago, these are as follows;
- We have finalised the seating plan for Saturday evening and you will know your table numbers when you receive your registration tag at the HYM registration desk. We shall still have a table plan for the evening. However, this will avoid unnecessary queues to see where you are seated. It also makes the operation from the entrance to the dining hall as free-flowing as possible.
- The same goes for those who had booked the tour on Friday 1st November. The tour will be listed on your registration tag for easy reference.
- Quite a number are in Malta already enjoying our island and what we have to offer. For those still on their way to us, the weather may be a little unsettled later on this week. So I suggest that for the evening events, you may bring a light jacket and/or even a small umbrella. Temperatures highs will be in the low to mid twenties, with evenings being in high teens. https://www.maltairport.com/weather/7-day-forecast/
- The Golden Stomach members are meeting on Saturday afternoon exactly after the banner exchange, at the venue noted in the email sent to GS members last week. We shall be meeting in the Nador Suite which is on the same level as HYM meeting
- Those booking the airport transfers over last few weeks have encountered technical difficulties. These have now been resolved and you can make your airport to hotel trasnfer bookings.
Once again on behalf of all the team, we thank you for choosing Malta as your country to host the 41 International and Tangent Club International Half Yearly meeting. We look forward to welcoming you to our shores.
Once again, should you have any last-minute queries, please do not hesitate to contact us co-convenors, Alex Abela and John Messina on firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Abela & John Messina
41 International and Tangent Club International HYM 2019